Wednesday 27 May 2015

#RYBSAT Wrap Up



Hello! Happy Wednesday! So I've been a little bit quiet on the internet lately, and I'm sorry to say that it isn't because I've been busy reading. I've been quite busy with life things and (probably consequently) I haven't been very well. I've just generally been feeling pretty slump-y this month and haven't been reading as much or as quickly as I usually do. Hopefully things will just naturally sort themselves out next month but I'm not going to force it.

So as you might've guessed, #RYBSAT was a bit of a fail for me. I managed to finish a grand total of one book in the whole week that RYBSAT was happening.

I started out with A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett as it was on my TBR for the month anyway and figured I'd read on from there. For the first couple of days I don't think I read at all, or I read a very small amount and then on Thursday it was sunny so I just sat outside for the afternoon and managed to finish A Little Princess. It was really quick and easy going and I reminded myself just how quick I can get through books when I sit down and give them some time. I started The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness the same day and enjoyed the 20 or so pages I read, but then I just slowed right down again and didn't read for a few days and then #RYBSAT ended. I felt pretty guilty about it but then reminded myself that I can't help it if I'm just not feeling it, I can't force myself to read or feel bad about it when I don't. I might do a whole post discussing this whole 'reading guilt' thing, as it's something that I've definitely been dealing with since starting blogging.

Anyway I'll discuss the one book I finished in my May reading wrap up, which will be up at the beginning of June. As for my first readathon experience, it definitely didn't go as well as I'd hoped and although I had all the best intentions of going for it and joining in with sprints and challenges on Twitter, I just wasn't feeling it. I'll definitely be giving readathons another go when they come around, maybe when I'm on a bit more of a reading roll. My physical TBR is currently 116 books (I know, ridiculous) so readathons are probably going to be the best way to get that number down. So onwards and upwards!

Have you ever participated in a readathon? What do you think about them?

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Sarah's Chapter. Design by FCD.